Saturday, February 12, 2011

Time Train

Author: Paul Fleischman
Illustrated By: Claire Ewart
Publisher: Library of Congress Cataloging
Copyright Date: 1991
Number of Pages: 28
Reading Level: Ages 4-9




Summary
In this story a young child tells a story about the Rocky Mountain Unlimited train. On the trip the children encounter dinosaurs and make scrambled eggs with dinosaur eggs. In the end the father of the child asks if she saw any dinosaurs. In response the child says one or two.

Personal Response:
I didn't really like this story because I thought it was unclear and rushed. I think that the story line was confusing and it didn't really make sense. However I really liked the illustrations. They reminded me of the illustrations in The Polar Express. They were well done.

Potential Problems:
I couldn't find any potential problems.

Recommended to...
I would recommend this book to an imaginative child that likes dinosaurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment