Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Littlest Pilgrim

Author: Brandi Dougherty
Illustrated By: Kirsten Richards
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Copyright Date: 2008
Number of Pages: 32
Reading Level: 9-12





Summary:
The littlest pilgrim named mini goes around asking everyone if she can help or tries to help. The people either don't notice her or say she is too little to help. She is very sad so she goes off alone and picks some berries. Then she sees a little indian girl in the woods and goes over to talk to her. In the end she decides that she is too little for many things but she is not too little to make friends.

Personal Response
I absolutely loved this book. I thought it was well done in every aspect. I think that even younger children could enjoy this story. I think it does a great job at making pilgrims real to children. I also like how it shows relationships. It shows the relationships among the family and also the relationship between the pilgrims and the Indians. The colors were so much fun to look at. I love the style and the colors used. It made the story real.

Potential Problems
I couldn't find any problems in this story.

Recommended to...
This would be a great book to read around Thanksgiving time. I would recommend teachers or parents to read it to their children around that time. It is a wonderful book that would especially be fun for younger children who may try to help out around the house only to not be noticed or to be told that they are too young to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment